While research around it is still underway — there’s much we still have to learn about CBD — so far, the studies we do have suggest that CBD boasts these benefits:
- may help improve sleep
- may help with pain and anxiety
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- can help reduce seizures in people with epilepsy — Epidiolex for seizures is the only prescription CBD product approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
While you can take CBD through edible products like pills, capsules, or gummies, you might also want to try a topical product like a balm. Topicals can be applied directly to a localized point of soreness or pain. They can even be a relaxing part of a bedtime routine.
Keep reading to learn more about CBD balms, how they work, and how to shop for them.
CBD balms are often thick, almost solid, and waxy. They’re different from CBD salves, which tend to be a bit softer than balms.
Both salves and balms tend to use fatty oils and waxes as base ingredients, while creams and lotions typically use water. Balms are a concentrated product, making them a great go-to choice for pain relief.
CBD balms, like other CBD topicals, are intended to be used directly on your skin. They’re meant to apply relief to a specific area.
Studies on topicals suggest that skin absorbency is pretty weak compare with other mucous membranes. That means when applying a topical product, it’s best to select one with a high level of CBD and apply it liberally.
You can try CBD balms for a variety of uses.
In addition to helping with physical pain, CBD balms may be beneficial for certain skin conditions.
There’s mounting evidence that suggests topical CBD products, like balms, can help with a range of pain issues like:
- Arthritis-related pain. A 2015 studyTrusted Source performed on rats discovered that CBD gel applied to the skin significantly lowered joint swelling.
- Nerve pain. A small 2020 studyTrusted Source examined topical CBD oil’s impact on pain. In the study, people with nerve damage all reported lower levels of pain, noticing a drop in sharp, severe, cold, and itchy feelings of pain.
- Jaw pain. A 2019 studyTrusted Source explored how topical CBD may help with a certain type of facial pain that largely involves the jaw. Researchers discovered that those who used topical CBD around twice daily experienced reduced pain after 2 weeks.
It’s important to keep in mind that research is limiting. More research needs to do on CBD before we can say for sure that it can help with any of these conditions.
CBD Calming Balm 250mg
At CBDfx, we pride ourselves on improving the lives of our customers. Life can be stressful, so the next time you need a much-needed break, treat yourself to a soothing rub with our CBD Calming Balm, featuring a whopping 250mg of active CBD.
Loaded with the purest essential oils, this CBD Balm contains the best botanicals that we could get our hands on. Our hemp plants are sourcing from our partner hemp farms in the USA. Then before they end up at our Southern California labs for clean CO2 extraction. This process ensures that all of our CBD oil is free of harsh chemicals, GMOs and heavy metals — because we control every step of the process.
CBD isn’t the only ingredient we take seriously. The base of this CBD Calming Balm centers around shea butter, a common skincare ingredient — and rightfully so. Shea butter showing to provide important moisture and protection, and the shea butter in this balm feels nothing short of silky on your skin.
From there, we could talk about this balm’s creamy avocado oil, or its pleasantly floral lavender oil. It offering a heavenly scent that’s sure to bring you some inner peace. We could also talk about its herbaceous tea tree oil, a staple of aromatherapy, and a noted way to improve skin health. Finally, the luxurious German Chamomile oil takes this CBD calming balm to the next level. German Chamomile oil is often using throughout the skincare industry as a go-to option for people suffering from itchy, irritated, and dry skin. In that sense, this balm can help calm your skin down if it needs a little extra care.
From time to time, we all need to treat ourselves to a product that restores our sense. With CBDfx’s CBD Calming Balm, you can take a moment to unwind and unplug from your daily routine.